Gee-k.net

CPC 464 Audio in Jack holder


Created on: 10-04-2019  By Gee
Loading software from a computer with an audio file was working fine (with the correct settings on the computer), but the audio jack was just hanging out of the case through the datassette key hole. Meaning the whole jack was just loose on the wires. I thought this was something that would be good to fix.
I didn't want to drill my CPC 464 case as it was in ok condition, even though I bought the 464 in question to modify. So I thought about it briefly and came up with the idea of just using the air vents to hold something I 3d printed in place, which in itself holds an audio jack. The wires for which could be hidden inside this wonderful new item.
A few measurements later, I had something mocked up in CAD and then used the 3d p... Read More!


New Datacorder Keys


Created on: 08-04-2019  By Gee
New 3d printed keys in blue New 3d printed keys in blue New 3d printed keys in blue
My second CPC 464 was bought with the knowledge that the keys on the datacorder were mostly bust. I wanted to find out a way of making some new ones and thought of all different kinds of ways, Including making some out of wood! That would've looked awesome I think, but I have no wood working skills what so ever. So it'd take me forever just to learn woodworking.
This was until I got my 3d printer. Then that was a simple easy option. I took one of the original, still in tact keys and measured it out. I then drew it up in CAD and printed a couple out. The way that I had the printer make them made them come out rather awful looking on one side, so I had to have it print upright in a way that took longer, but once it came out it looked m... Read More!


First complete Controller


Created on: 08-04-2019  By Gee
I've not had as much time as i'd like to play about with making this controller, but I finally managed to squeeze in getting the case made. I made the buttons a bit bigger so that it feels a bit more comfortable and a bit more natural. They're now 10mm instead of 8. I'm not sure why I went with 8mm to begin with. There must've been some reason for it.
After posting in a facebook group asking for thoughts on the original case, I had a comment that I should think about changing the colour of the buttons. Maybe one green and one blue. I agreed that the grey for everything was a bit dull and I ordered some blue fillament for the printer.
When the filament arrived I changed it over from the grey and set about printing my controller... Read More!


Commodore VIC20


Created on: 30-03-2019  By Gee
Ever since I watched The 8-Bit Guy's Commodore series, I have thought about grabbing a VIC20 and a C64. He seems to love them and a lot of other people do too.
I liked the idea of a VIC20 as it's such a restricted machine, in terms of memory and character display. I'm not sure why I like machines like this, but I do. Maybe I like a challenge of developing for them. Not that I've started developing for any machine yet.
Today I managed to pick up a VIC20 not too far from me, and it was a great deal. The person had a bunch of games on cassette and cartridge for it, as well as a 16k expansion cartridge. Once I got it home, I gave it a quick test and everything seems to be... Read More!


3d printed case


Created on: 25-03-2019  By Gee
I bought my 3d printer recently, as can be seen in a previous post, to make my controller cases.
Over the last couple of days I have been making bits here and there to try out. Then last night I printed all the buttons (a few times), the d-pad and then the back of the case. It's looking okay, but not excellent. I think the buttons need to be larger, the d-pad needs to be a bit better thought out and slightly re-designed. The way the two halves of the case go together will also need to be changed slightly, as currently you could press a button and the case will split. BUT! this is the whole point in prototyping. Test, test and test again until you get it correct!
Anyway, I've att... Read More!


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8